Saturday 1 September 2007

A Problem

An addiction of mine is my jewellery, it's getting to be a problem it's everywhere! After looking at it all today I thought hmmmm where can I store it all. I am accumulating more and more, I can't help myself in the shops and every time I now visit my Dad I come back with more of Daisy's each time. I've been thinking about my jewellery today so thought I'd show you all and share it.
Hanging over my mirror
Earrings hanging up (actually I think Lisa may recognise two of these pairs?? I brought them back with me after my trip home last weekend)
lying on my bedside table
llying on top of the chest of drawers! and the box at the back to left is so full it won't close!
....................
Yes I have a lot of it, I love it, gold, silver, beads, bargain, costume any jewellery! Daisy was the same, my Grandma is the same. My only problem is I get so messy with it all! Every day I pick items to match what I'm wearing. Then at the end of the day I take it off and dump it randomly(hence the piles on the drawers and table). It stays this way till there is too much on the surfaces then I tidy it. So my mission is to find something to store it all in. But must be something that I can see it all in. I will start my search. I'm thinking perhaps I'll be able to get something large with sections in! My friend stores hers in a sewing chest that opens out as it has large spaces where she can see it all. I'm thinking something similar.
....................
I have some items I constantly wear and do not remove. These are my studs in my ears One ear has three piercings (as pic) the other ear just has two it doesn't have the one at the top. The bottom piercings are the ones that get changed depending on the daily outfit LOL. I always wear my nose stud - just a small diamante one, I now always wear Daisy's wedding ring.

....................

I would like to thank you all for your comments on my last post. It's lovely to read them when I was having a down day.

..................

Off for a quick clear up I have my girlie friends coming round in half an hour for DVDs, we are watching Dirty Dancing and Bridget Jones! Chick flick night! Seen them both hundreds of times but can watch them over and over again!

xxx

8 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

lord! your jewellry looks exactly like Sophie's!

enjoy the movies - sweetpea! xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I recognized the earrings immediately and I couldn't be more delighted that you own them now. I also had sent her a pashmina and hopefully that is something you will use as well.(even in the house on a cold day)
I am going to email you some suggestions for earrings and necklaces, the comment would be way too long if I did it here.
XOXOXO

KaiBlue said...

Teehee, you can NEVER have enough Bling Lydia..
I love all the ear rings. I have my ears pierced in the same way. 2 holes bottom and one on each top.. I dont have a nose pierce, but my tongue is..
This was a fun post Xx
PEace, Kai

gma said...

Jewelry is so fun....I love it,
not to wear so much.
I use it in my art.

Gill said...

Nice that you wear your mums ring.
Have fun watching those movies!
xo
Blue
Jewellery, have you seen Tiffany & Co's silver collection? The rings are gorgeous! (Don't blame me if you get addicted to them.)

mrsnesbitt said...

I wear mum's wedding ring all the time...and Dad's signet ring. Trouble is, with clutching the grab rail on the motorbike mum's ring has been mis-shaped and regularly goes back to the jewellers for repair! I am one of his best customers! LOL!

Julie said...

What you need is an 80-pocket jewelry organizer that you hang in your closet like a clothes hanger. It has clear pockets so you can find what you want immediately (you would probably need several!) Or maybe you have so much jewelry that you should get a jewelry armoire - an actual piece of furniture. They have a lot of really pretty ones on the Internet.

Good Luck!

Julie

Tinker said...

Your jewelry looks lovely - both one and off, lol.
I tend to hang my necklaces off of mirrors, furniture posts, wherever's handy at the time - of course, it makes it more difficult to find them the next time I want them. Your friend's sewing chest sounds like a great idea! xo