Friday 9 November 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MUMMY

THINKING OF YOU ALWAYS AND MORE TODAY
MISSING YOU MORE THAN I CAN SAY IN WORDS
XXXXXXX
..................
I really wanted to blog all about Cornwall and felt fine, but just typing the words above I am in tears. So instead I'm going to share the pictures with short descriptions before having a long bath and enjoying some chocolate cake (birthday cake). I'm sure my mum once posted in her blog that I always told her no one is ever to old for birthday cake!
We stayed in a beautiful little house in a lovely peaceful square, at the corner of the square was this pub 'The Crown'
This is 'The Acorn' a lovely building where many events take place and bands play. My Dad used to often visit here when we went Cornwall years ago. The windows are really pretty but not too detailed very well in the picture.
Above is the house I fell in lobe with. I wanted it. It had huge attic windows and a huge cellar window too. It is situated on the street where the house is we used to stay in.
This is Daisy's all time favourite pub for food I think. Amazing food delicious!
Just popped this pic in. I LOVE Betty Boop and saw her on the first day in a shop window. My Dad bought me and Daniel both gifts, he bought me this I didn't stop smiling :)

This is the interior of another pub called 'The Admiral Benbow'. It is decorated with lots of old maritime memorabilia and amazing to sit in. So many things to look at.
Railway bridge heading into Truro (best place in Cornwall for shopping) - advice of a true shopaholic. But I know Daisy agreed!!!
A row of typically Cornish Houses. I want the pink one!!


Just around the corner from the square we stayed in.


The square itself
Chapel Street, Penzance
The Egyptian house, Chapel Street, Penzance

My Dad and I in 'The Admiral Benbow'. In Daniel's word 'I don't do photo's - let me take it'
..................

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend
xxx




14 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes.
Lovely Photo of Daisy.
One can see beauty glowing through the photo of her.

What a lovely town.

{{{Hugs to You, Dad & Brother}}}

Sheila said...

Lydia, I've been thinking of your Mum all day. I'm glad you all went to Cornwall together...your Mum included, this one last time. Now when you go there,you will always feel her presence.
That is a lovely photo of you with your Dad.
Sending big hugs to all of you.
xoxox

Julie said...

Thanks, dear, for showing me the photos of Cornwall, and for the picture of your mother's sweet face. Happy Birthday, Daisy. As a friend once told me about my mom, I'm sure there are balloons and BD cake in heaven.

Julie

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I hope you find comfort in the fact we're all here for you.
I haven't stopped thinking of her all day...or you, your brother and Dad. Cornwall now has even more special meaning to all of you.
That's such a great photo of you and your Dad. I hope he knows how many people think of him. I know I keep saying the same thing but right now it's what is in my heart.
XOXOXO
Sending you lots of hugs and love,
Lisa

Miss Robyn said...

Lydia xo
I had a little ceremony today.. for my 'croning' .... and your mum was with me... she was a special lady and if I can be half as loving and kind as she was, i will be happy. I love that photo of her, I have it beside me at night xoxo

Miss Robyn said...

oh and I am wondering what this Daniel looks like :) xoxo

gma said...

Dearest Sweetpea,
Lovely post and beautiful picture of your Mum.The photos of
Cornwall are awesome. No wonder you love it. Sending love to you all this day and always.
xx

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Both Lisa's posted Moon Dancers. Made me think of Daisy.
I seen a Betty Boop Book on another site but can't remember where. Something about letting your own Betty Boop out.
I also seen another site today that posted a Benifit Quilt called, Night Lupins.
Cute photo of You and your Dad!

{{{HUGS}}}

Gill said...

Oh Lydia, how hard it must be for you right now. I am thinking of you, and sending you big hugs for this time.
Your mum must be missed by all of you so much.
You are a good daughter to carry on blogging for her. She must have been so proud of you.
xo
Gillian

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thank-you for the wonderful photo and birthday post about your mom! I'm back to read it again and to see your Cornwall photos. I notice the house you love has palm trees...must be those balmy ocean currents. It is a lovely house!
I hope Betty Boop still has you smiling! (I like her too!)

KaiBlue said...

Aloha Lydia..
I read this post a couple of times and still cant find the words to describe the feelings I have about your mum.
Daisy and my mum shared this birthday..
My mum still lives just a few minutes from Cornwall.. She says it's gods country.
I have to agree.. It's where all angels belong and your mummy is one of them..
peace and love, Kai xx

Bimbimbie said...

I was thinking the same thoughts as Sheila, how good it was for you as a family to visit Cornwall one last time. Thanks for showing your photos of this special visit to your special place. Smiles & hugs to you *!*

Tinker said...

Thank you so much for sharing this, Sweetpea. I wish I had the words to say what I feel in my heart about you, your mum, your sharing this with us all. I hope it helps a little to know that we're all here thinking of you. Sending you so very many (((hugs))).

Julie said...

Hello, Sweet Pea,

Just wanted to stop by again and wish you a very Happy American Thanksgiving.

I am so happy and thankful to have known your mother, and to know you.

Hugs,

Julie