Sunday 25 November 2007

All change

Firstly I would like to say I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a lovely Thanksgiving.
..................
I also would like to thank you all so much for your kind words on my mums birthday :)
..................
To begin in this post I'd like to introduce you to someone.........meet....Daniel my big brother as he managed to stay away from my other pics!.
Here he is pretending to look mean his 'photo face'
Here he is again on one of his many travels. Daniel has been all over Europe and on occasions sometimes out of Europe following the England football team, an avid football fan!
...................
Daniel is tall, six feet in fact much taller than my mum and dad! sometimes he takes advantage of this pretends to be a mean menacing older brother when needed! Inside he's a big softie!
When I was first 18 and Daniel and I still lived in Carlisle, before we moved out to the village and I started going out to bars and nightclubs, if I ever saw Daniel out he would always come and chat to me and pull his menacing face and he would say 'I am letting people know not to mess with you'. All my friends used to say I wish I had an older brother like that looking out for me!
Soon we are about to come to end of an era, Daniel and I have shared a flat in London for three years! This was perfect when I first came down here, I knew London but it was nice to have that little bit of familiarity and 'protection'. My mum and Dad also liked that I wasn't alone when I was first in London. But here we are three years later and we are moving out. Daniels work has relocated to a different area of London hence he is going to move closer. I am going to an area of London called Ealing. Ealing is a lovely area, shopping centres, bars, restaurants and a few lovely green open spaces. My new flat can be seen below.

It is just off a beautiful tree lined street all with Tudor style buildings. I am moving into a flat with two friends Claire and Emma. I have chosen very carefully which friends I would and would not live with. Mistakes can be made in flat mate choices that can ruin friendships! Bu this seems like a good choice and I'm looking forward to being in the girly flat! It has three really spacious bedrooms and a really spacious lounge and kitchen. The room I have chosen couldn't be more perfect for me, along one side it has built in wardrobes all along a whole wall in a beautiful green wood. Plenty of storage my clothes shopping addiction! I am busy planning the layout of my new room and looking at shelving units that I want. Next weekend I am going to pack up my flat so I'm currently on cardboard box hunt! Then the following weekend all being well I should be into my new place!
Although I am ecstatic to have this lovely flat and so excited to move to a new area it has been a hassle! I have lost count of how many flats we've been to view in the evenings after work in the last few evenings! Finally we found the right one!
.................
I seriously cannot believe Christmas is almost upon us again! Although it will b a difficult one for us I am looking forward to spending the time together which will make the difficult times of it easier. I am currently giving my family lots to laugh about with Christmas dinner this year, I have gone into organisation mode of my own accord planning how we will do dinner and when I will go shopping for what foods and Christmas items on what day in the run up to Christmas. My Dad finds my plans hilarious he said I am most definitely my mothers daughter! I know if she could see my organising lists and planning she'd definitely be proud!
..................

10 comments:

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks for the informative, lovely update on many aspects of your life!
Daniel is a great big brother! We seem to be an on-going family generation after generation of girls being the first-born.
Enjoy that new flat once the move is over! We will look forward to reading about your Christmas!

Miss Robyn said...

Oh my, he looks alot like your mum!
I had fun reading this post.. it was alot like your mum's writing.
Your new home looks gorgeous... maybe I can visit when I come over!

I cannot wait to hear of you Christmas plans and organisation and really look forward to seeing Dene Cottage in photos again
love you!

Tinker said...

How nice to see your brother, at last - and what a good big brother, he is, too, looking out for his little sister.
Your new flat looks and sounds gorgeous. Good luck in your new home, and with all of your Christmas plans - I'm sure your mum would be so very proud! ~ xOxO

gma said...

Yes...I see the resemblance of your brother to Daisy....Glad he is such a great brother to you.
You will have fun in your new flat. When I was younger my roomies and I borrowed shoes clothes and food from each other....but when they don't take care of your stuff it can be a hassle....will you have house rules for this type of thing?
Mostly it was a fun part of life!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Yes, I think he looks like
your mum also. He also looks
like a big softie!!! He can't
fool me. LOL!

What fun to look forward to.
I have to tell you though I
did tear up reading this.

Wishing You and Your Family
a Very, Very Blessed Christmas!!!

KaiBlue said...

I love your new home. I lived in London for about a year, and Ealing is a lovely area.
I think you will have a lovely new start..and you have chosen wisely with extra closet space.. (Smart girl.. lol)

PEace and light, Kai

Julie said...

Your apartments over there are wonderful compared to our ticky-tacky boxes and all-the-same condos. I love the Tudor style. I would be over the moon to live there. Sounds like you have a great room.

It was fun hearing about your brother, about sharing the apartment and looking for a new one.

Julie

Julie said...

P. S. I am glad you are planning for Christmas meals. That is definitely not my daughter! She can make cream puffs and heat soup!
Your mum would be proud.

Julie

Sheila said...

The new digs look great. Please show us inside when you move in..Okay I'm nosey..!
Daniel looks like Daisy, but I'd say you are Daddy's girl!
Good for you, organising Christmas, my daughter is doing it too this year.
Have a great weekend..
xo

Bimbimbie said...

I hope you are settled in to your new flat and enjoying your friends and Ealing ... you did well getting the photo of your brother. Smiles *!*