Monday 24 September 2007

BACK

Here I am, I'm back! Lots of things been happening of late while I've been gone. So I thought I'd start by having a mixed bag of stuff today. I wasn't going to post I've had a long day but just had a sudden burst of energy and felt like it! To start with I'd like to show the below picture my Dad sent me. This is the bridge of the village so in fact it is THE WARWICK BRIDGE, the bridge you pass over to our village. I was really pleased to receive this. I think It must have been quite difficult for my Dad to go here. He hasn't been right down to the bridge properly in a while. He has obviously passed it but not stopped and looked properly on his walks till now. He and Daisy used to walk down here, She would pick unusual flowers and plants and take them home and identify them from her books. Sometimes If my Dad was walking alone he'd find things to take home for her to identify.
The weather is definitely changing (not that we had much of a summer!!) but Autumn is for sure in the air, a cold nip to the air and rain, evenings slowly getting darker. The other day on the way home from work I felt so cold so my friend dared me to sit with my hood up and be silly the whole way on the tube. Needless to say I did - it doesn't take much to persuade me to be a bit silly! So of course he took a picture of me! Now I am called a green goblin!
Below is a picture of My friend Rimmi and I, taken in Feb this year, my hair was a little lighter here with some blonde streaks. It's a lot darker now my hair changes like the wind! Rimmi is one the first girly friends I made when I first moved to London well I haven't seen her in ages so tomorrow evening we are off down Kings Road (below) for a few drinks and a catch up.


Just a short posting, I'm off now. I'll get round to everyone tomorrow.
Hope we are all well, enjoy the week
xxx

10 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

your mum called these posts: scrap bag posts :)

you look like a little pixie in that green !! thanks for the photo of Warwick Bridge... I am sure Daisy walks along side your dad when he goes walking. Hope is computer lessons are going well :)

Tinker said...

I think I agree with Robyn - you do look rather pixie-ish all tucked up in your green hood - very cute! The bridge is lovely. Glad you've got your computer/phone line problem sorted out. Enjoy your catch-up visit with your friend!

Sheila said...

Yes you do look like a pixie with your hood on :o)
So, there is an actual Warwick Bridge, how did it get it's name I wonder, you are far from Warwick.
I'll bet Daisy knew xx
I agree with Robyn, I'm sure your
mum walks beside your dad when he goes out..
Eventually these places will provide comfort, and a feeling of times and events shared.

Julie said...

Sweet Pea,

Welcome back to the world of blogging, you green goblin you.

I am glad that your Dad is slowly getting back to the places he and your mom used to visit.

As much as I love ND, I would surely like to visit the English countryside one day. Thanks for the photo of the bridge.

Julie

KaiBlue said...

LOL@ the green goblin, what a silly you are :)
Im glad you are Rimmy are out for a catch up.. I miss a good half in the pub..
PEace n hugs, Kai xx

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

So happy you're back up and running again. Look at you, you little green elfen sitting on th train. Adorable.
The photo of the bridge is so bittersweet and I hope it is a sacred place for your Dad...a place to have a quiet conversation with Daisy.
I've been thinking of her so often lately, like she is not far away. I know she would have loved the Bloglandia Ball going on, I can just imagine the lovely frock she would have created...in purple no doubt.
I hope all is well for you dear Sweetpea....I am always glad to see you having a jolly time with all your good friends!
XOXOXO
Love and hugs,
Lisa

Gill said...

Looks great Sweetpea! It is nice that you were able to meet up with your friend for drinks.
The photo of the double decker bus is amazing!!!
xo
Blue

Bimbimbie said...

Now that's a smart way to make sure no one sits next to you on the tube he he *!*

Armistead Maupin has just been visiting Australia, I caught a few of his entertaining interviews on the radio, never read the Tales in the City books but saw a tv series some time ago .... he's a funny (as in laugh) man

gma said...

This is a beautiful post. I always like hearing about Daisy and the things your family shared. Thanks so much Sweet Pea for the cute Birthday greeting
xx

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks for sharing the bridge photo from your dad! I also like the other photos...you look good in green! and the red doubledecker bus...so ordinary for you to see and so unique to my eyes!