Sunday 12 August 2007

A mix of lots

A right mix of things today! I want to show the Lavender from Daisy's garden but still haven't got the cable back off my friend to upload the pics! So I've been going through all the pics in my laptop putting them into folders and thought I'd share some of the ones I found.
We'll start with a little tour of my flat. I love the flat I live in, it's nothing special but it's my first proper own place since I left home.

This is the top of the stairs, the stairs go round the corner and down to the front door. My float is on the first floor. This was taken not long after moving in hence the bare look!

Long corridor down to the bathroom and separate toilet room.

My Kitchen (one side of it) The kitchen was newly fitted before I moved in, So it really is my kitchen - the flat is rented but it's mine as only my brother and I have ever used it!

My living room, I'm sitting in that arm chair right now!

A few posts ago when I introduced Lucky Robyn left a comment asking about my mum's lion. Here he is! Tobias, he sits on the edge of the sofa at Dene Cottage. I always cuddle him when lying on the sofa. My dad said I could take him to my place if I wanted to but I wanted him to stay with my Dad, the sofa is his place so he can watch over the room.

I also found this pic I uploaded the other week - Daisy, Daniel and I (stuffing my face), I think is my second Christmas. The eighties when my mum had a big perm hehehehehehe.

And lastly on the picture front here is my Daddy. The best Daddy in the world (well in my eyes). Only just taken last week. It actually took him many attempts as he kept missing his head off!!
.....................
I've had such a busy week, I've been spending a lot of time with a close friend she was in need of a friend and she has been brilliant to me and I wanted to be there for her. Just a quiet weekend for me this week before a busy week at work.
....................
I have re booked my tickets back to home and this time it will go according to plan I'll be going 25th August wooooooooo!. My dvd for this weekend is 'The Devil Wears Prada'. So it'll be an early night with this. I read the book a few ears ago before the film was out. As soon as I have the cable back I'll get the Lavender pics on show, there's lots of it plenty for you all!
xxx

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Your flat looks so cosy. I remember the first one I had, the landlady lived downstairs, and I was sure she nosed around when I was at work !!
It's nice that you get to be the first tenant, you can make your own mark on things.

Gill said...

Sweetpea, I agree with mum about your flat!!!
Nice that you will get to visit your dad on the 25th, I hope you have a great time with him.
xo
Blue

Miss Robyn said...

ahhh now I can see who i will be meeting in 2009! thanks for the photo of your dad....
when I get all my 'stuff' done today, I will answer your emails.. I am just a tad brain frazzled right now xo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

OH how fun to see where you live and know where you are when you type your blog. Lovely that you have a new kitchen no one else ever used! It's yours and your brothers own little haven!
Glad you're getting to make that trip home. AND what a treat to see your dear Dad's face...he's been sort of an enigma up until now - he looks as kind as i had imagined!
Have a great week!
XOXO
Love,
Lisa

gma said...

How fun to see your first flat. I can tell you are enjoying making a home for yourself....Have a great weekend with your Dad. Love to you all!
xx

KaiBlue said...

what a nice flat!!! It's a lovely home you have Lydia,
Peace, Kai xx

Bimbimbie said...

I like the look of Tobias - he's a very regal looking lion. Smiles *!*

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

It looks to me that your flat is super and cozy! I specially enjoyed the pictures of your mum and your dad. Thank you for sharing them with us!