Wednesday 15 August 2007

Lavender for all


From Daisy's garden to Sweetpea's blog. Some of the Lavender my Dad harvested. Only Some there is an awful lot he tells me. He has been giving bunches to his and Daisy's friends round the village. I can't wait to get mine next wekend!
....................
Just a quick note - I said on my last post Tobias the lion.... I was having a dizzy day he is of course a TIGER
....................
I have had such a crazy week so far at work and not been getting home till late so I'm afraid I'm not writing much tonight. I have just tried to visit people but for some reason cannot bring up some peoples comments! I'll try tomorrow again!
xxx


8 comments:

Julie said...

Sweet Pea,

You are so sweet to post a comment on my blog. I have been following your blog but didn't think you'd want to hear what an old lady has to say - or comment on an old lady's blog! My daughter (at 25 right about your age) has hardly commented since I began last January.

I, too, am extremely tired and I'm still at work! I hope we both feel more energized later. (I know I will once I leave here and get some fresh air!)

Julie

Miss Robyn said...

I am so happy that your dad is enjoying the lavender. He needs to bundle it up and hang it upside down to dry - maybe in the kitchen or the bedroom. When you get yours you can make lavender bags or lavender eye pillows. I also have a recipe for lavender lemonade!

Alexiev said...

Good flowers... and great blog...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar
Alexiev Store

gma said...

Sweet Pea...Thank you for the lavender.....MMMMM love the scent of it. Enjoy the time with your Dad.
:-)

KaiBlue said...

lavender is gorgeous and so beautiful as a gift.. :)
PEace n hugs, Kai xx

Bimbimbie said...

lol .. I didn't see Tobias's stripes - he's still noble looking *!*

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

How beautiful, I can almost smell it's wonderful fragrance. It's so great friends and family are able to share from Daisy's precious garden.
Wouldn't it be nice to use a piece of your Mom's fabric to make a wee lavender filled sachet you can put under your pillow.
XOXO

Sheila said...

Your Mum had green fingers there is no doubt about that. That your Dad is sharing the bounty is lovely. There are lots of ways to use it, edible and medicinal, as I'm sure Daisy knew.