Wednesday 3 September 2008

It's been a while

Well here I am, it's certainly been a while.............

More recently I finally feel good like I am at peace with myself like I have been lost. I am enjoying my life. I enjoy going to work in the mornings and I love to come back to my flat of an evening and make dinner and eat and gossip about the day with my flatmates.

I spent a week in Barbados in July. A friend of mine has family there and was out there for a few weeks and invited me out, I went out for a week. It was a relaxed amazing week where I took the time to chill which I can honestly say I haven't done in a while. It gave me the opportunity to address my worries and concerns and since then I feel I have been much more relaxed.

I first began to blog after losing my mum I wanted to continue what she had, I really struggled to write for a while and worried it wasn't the same. Then I realised I was worrying too much. It is impossible to carry on what my mum did I am not her, I am younger and live a different type of lifestyle. I finally came to terms with the fact that what I write can be different and isn't wrong there are no rules!! So here comes me, writing what i want to write when I want without a worry!

You will see over the next few days I may appear leaving comments again...it's been a long time but Lydia is back

I am sharing a few of my pictures from Barbados..........enjoy







4 comments:

Tinker said...

Barbados looks lovely!

Your mom was one of a kind - and so are you. It's good to hear from you, and know you're doing well. Sounds like you're having fun - enjoy!

Miss Robyn said...

yep, I know how you feel - I struggled too as you know & am now finally at a peaceful place.. I tried to write like your Mum too for awhile, like doing it would bring her back...

I absolutely adore your profile photo here - you are a gorgeous gal !! xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I had not checked in here for some time so I was delighted to see a recent post.
I am so happy to know you've found some peace and that you realize you don't have to try and be your Mom. You are special in your own right and you carry her in your heart.
You're young and you need fun and adventure in your life..what a great trip!!!
Write WHEN you want to and write WHAT you want to....that's the beauty of blogging!!
In the meantime I'm sending a hug your way!
XO

Lila Rostenberg said...

Your photos are beautiful!
I am late seeing them. I am very behind on reading all blogs!
Have a lovely holiday season, Lydia!