Sunday 5 August 2007

An Unfortunate Weekend turned around by my fantastic friends

OH DEAR LYDIA IS DISLIKING ROYAL MAIL AT PRESENT

As we all know I was planning to visit home this weekend on the 630am train on Saturday. I had ordered the train tickets to be delivered, (usually this isn't a problem). When I came to my flat on Friday after work to see what the post man had delivered...........NO TRAIN TICKETS! There have been postal strikes around the country so this is why. I was so upset and rang my Dad in tears, I was apologising profusely and he told me to stop apologising as it was not my fault. Yes we were excited to see each other and very disappointed we wouldn't but as he assured me it was NOT my fault!

...................

I could have turned up to the station and bought another ticket on Saturday morning but to get the early train and buy on the day would have been too expensive for me. I always buy my tickets in advance as this is how to get cheaper prices for the same trains. My Dad told me not to go and buy another ticket as it was too expensive and told me not to waste my money as then I would be paying twice (even though my original ticket was a cheap price) the original ticket is non-refundable. Luckily Daniel was already in Carlisle so my Dad has him for the weekend. Then when I go back to work tomorrow I'll look at my rota and work out when is best for me to go. BUT with the current postal strikes I will just purchase at a station in advance rather than buying online.

...................

The sun has finally made an appearance FINALLY, and this was forecast I was so excited to sit in the garden with my Dad in the sun. He sent me these pics below so at least I can fulfill one promise and show my pics here!
This one above is the small lane that leads down the side of the house and barn to the garden.



Plants beside the back of the barn/outhouse



....................

Obviously On Friday night I was feeling incredibly down and upset, but my lovely friend T came round and took me out to cheer me up. Somebody that we work with manages a band and they were playing so we went to see them and met up with everyone from work, pics below.




We laughed about this pic saying 'This pic is obviously all about me!' Daisy would love this!


After the band finished we walked to a pub and came across this Street (I had seen it before) T took a picture and sent it to me.


Me and T always take a picture of the pair of us where ever we go. This first attempt never worked!

second attempt my head chopped off and my friend stuck his fingers in front of the camera! ggrrrrr


Third time lucky we got there in the end!




....................

So my mind was taken away from my anger and disappointment by these wonderful people above. Last night I was little down again so lay in bed with a DVD and some sweeties! I watched 'The Notebook' I enjoyed it but perhaps not a good choice for someone who is upset! The tears flowed at the end!
....................
My Dad has also been cheering me up by sending me silly pictures of himself pulling silly faces. Now I'm off to T's place.
....................
Hope you all are having a nice weekend
xxx

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Sorry to hear your plans were screwed up by the P.O.!
BUT pleased that your friends came to the rescue.
Daisy's garden looks so pretty, all that rain must have helped. Everything is so colourful..
hugs
xox

Miss Robyn said...

your dad is having lots of fun with that camera.. Ilove the Notebook.. sometimes it is good to watch a movie like that when you need to cry.. it helps the tears flow.will email you xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

So sorry your plans had to be dashed due to the wretched PO. I'm glad T came to your rescue.
Your Dad sounds like a very sweet man with a sense of humor! Look at Daisy's garden, it looks so lovely and colorful. Gave me a momentary pang.
When you said you watched the Notebook the first thing I thought was OH NO - that's a weeper! But a good cry can be quite cathartic.
Sending you lots of hugs,
Lisa
XOXO

mrsnesbitt said...

Thought about you yesterday, we were ove Alston way, infact we passed the cafe where I scattered some glitter after we said bye to Daisy. I saw it in the distance..."Hurray I thought, after 2 diet cokes and a bumpy road from Middleton in Teasdale"...but Jon drove on! Believe me by the time we stopped I was desperate for the loo! LOL!

Dxx

Bimbimbie said...

best laid plans of mice and men and all that, can work out in ways not expected - happy you got to spend time in Daisy's garden with your dad
afterall *!*

Gill said...

That is crappy about the train tickets Lydia. Too bad. Damn post office!
Looks like you had fun at the pub with your friends though, that is a good thing!
xo
Gillian

gma said...

Aren't friends the greatest??
Will you be able to use those tickets to go another day?
The flowers in Daisys garden are so colorful....next time you are there blow kisses from me.

Tinker said...

How disappointing! But I'm glad your friends pulled through to cheer you up. The garden looks gorgeous. How sweet of your dad to send you those pics of him being silly. Hope the rest of your weekend is going well.