Tuesday 21 August 2007

HERE I AM

To start with I must say I giggled at Mrs Nesbitt's comment on my short post yesterday
'If I could put time in a bottle.....I'd be a bloody millionaire!'

Thank you- so true though!
...................
But seriously the last week has flown by me. I've been so busy catching up with friends I have not seen in months. working, sorting my cupboards properly. I come home from work and before I know it is has been time for bed!
....................
However sorting my cupboards and bedroom I made a little discovery. Last year on my birthday my mum bought me a charm bracelet- I have always wanted one. She said that every year she would buy me a new charm to go on it. When she gave me it it had a handbag and a shoe on it VERY FITTING FOR ME! Then last Christmas I got a mother of pearl heart to add to it. It was quite fiddly to attach the charms, something I left to Daisy as I would make a mess of it.
....................
So anyway a few months ago I was wearing it one day then in the evening I looked down at my wrist and saw..........................A CHARM WAS MISSING, THE LITTLE HANDBAG. I cried and cried and didn't want to tell Daisy. I had no idea where it was I had been out most of the day. Anyway one of the last conversations we had I confessed to losing the charm and cried. I felt guilty, Daisy told me although it was sad it was not my fault and soon on my birthday I would get another to add on.
....................
Well while sorting the flat on at the weekend I moved my bed and what was under the bed???? THE LITTLE HANDBAG CHARM. I am so happy to find it again but haven't attempt to fix it back on myself I will go to the jewellers and get them to attach it safely. I have decided now that every year on my mum's birthday I Will buy a charm to add.
....................
On Sunday I went to my Friend Fazlin's place to meet her and another friend Rimmi. We used to all work together and haven't seen each other in ages. We cooked a huge lunch of spicy chicken lasagne, salad, new potatoes and garlic bread. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening gossiping and catching up, it was so much fun. Here we are below.
....................
Lydia and Fazlin
Rimmi and Lydia
....................
On Friday night I had a work party to go to, and what a party it was. We all let our hair down and partied the night away..........have a look at us all!
Yes I think we can say Lydia is here!
Pouting Lydia
Cheeky Lydia

Lydia and Iffy
Lydia and the boys
The ladies

My friend Stef, known him since my first job here
....................

Well two more days at work then on Friday I'm off to my Dad's wooooo excited. I have the tickets this time so nothing is stopping me!
xx

9 comments:

Tinker said...

I'm so glad you found the charm! Love the photos - what a fun night you must have had.
Just saw your mum's lavender below - it's beautiful. The spiritdoll she made me was carrying a tiny bit of it - and it still has the strongest lavender scent that I just love.
Glad you've got your tickets in time - I'm sure your dad and you will be so happy to see each other - enjoy!

Miss Robyn said...

oh my lord, Lydia! if I were your mother, i would be stressing out.. yes, I am a worry wart when it comes to my girls out partying... I try not to but I do. As you know, my Sophie is legally allowed to go out drinking now.. and I worry. However, it looks like the guys look after you!
is the charm bracelet gold or silver? I have a gold one and each time I go on holidays I buy myself a charm to remember the place.
I bet Daisy was there pushing you to find that charm.
Have fun at Dene Cottage - lots of photos please :) !!

gma said...

Sweetpea....your group of friends look like alot of fun!!! Such an international group...which is awesome.I love that!!!
Plus you are a goof...love that too!
Daisy was right...you got your handbag charm (just a little after your birthday).

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Well you sure know how to party, I just know you're a blast! Just don't drink and drive....sorry, had to add that! :) You really are surrounded by good friends, you can tell you all have a great time together.

I am SO happy that you found the handbag charm. That's a wonderful idea to add a new charm for Daisy's bday each year. Maybe you can even find a daisy charm. I truly believe she guided you to find it!

XOXO
Love and hugs,
Lisa

KaiBlue said...

Isn't it wonderful when fate steps in and gives you back what you miss? I'm glad the little charm resurfaced and all is right in your universe again..
I hope you have a lovely time with your dad and Im glad you have tickets in hand!!
PEace n hugs, Kai xx

Sheila said...

Looks ;like you know how to have a good time Lydia..!
I'm glad you found the charm, isn't that a great feeling..!
A new one on Daisy's birthday would be a lovely idea. I always buy myself flowers on my late mum's b/day, as a little memorium..xx

Bimbimbie said...

So glad you found the precious charm and love the idea you will buy a new charm each birthday, that's special *!* Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your Dad Smiles *!*

Julie said...

That is such a nice thought for you to buy yourself a charm for your bracelet on your mom's birthday.

Have a good time at home over the weekend.

Julie

Gill said...

Amazing that you found the charm. Wow! Cool. Great photos of you and your friends too!
Enjoy that visit with your dad. Good thing you actually have the tickets this time.
Have fun, Lydia!
xo
Blue